Thursday, August 19, 2010
15,250 Miles
Since the end of May I have traveled approximately 15,250 miles. Some by air, most by car. I've traveled from one side of the country to another. Then back again. I've taken thousands of pictures (don't even know where to start with those). Seen some amazing things. Spent time with some wonderful people. And lost a lot of sleep.
Here is a quick rundown of our summer by numbers.
29 Days the kids got to spend with SuSu and Papa
23 Hours of travel to drive home from California last weekend to be home in time for school to start Monday morning
12 Days David and I were without the kids (granted with were with about 20 teenagers so it sort of balanced out)
10 Cousins we got to play with
9 States I visited
8 years of wedded bliss David and I celebrated
8 Shots the three kids got combined at our trip to the doctor's office in July
7 hair cuts (two where mine, what can I say I like to get my hair done!)
4 seats we (the kids and I) had flying home on the airplane (Miss Thing sat by herself across the isle and found a friend to entertain)
3 Times all three of them have their Aunt Cherie and Uncle Dennis wrapped around their fingers
2 years Little Miss now claims
1 Tooth that was lost
1 Boy that is now in big boy undies
And 1 house that is for sale
Such a crazy but wonderful summer. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the insanity of it all. Since coming home on Sunday we've hit the ground running and the craziness has continued.
Bear with me.
For the record I did finally find a bathing suit that fit her
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Great run down! And by the looks of things your internet is back.....all is right with the world!
I think I held my breath the whole time I was reading... even though I knew what was coming.
Yay! You're back- I've missed you and your kidlets :) And I thought I was busy- you give the term a whole new meaning! Looking forward to some more photos, especially of Little Miss's birthday, hint hint... :)
That's an impressive list! Can't wait to see some pics.
Holy Moly!! I knew you were busy. Sounds fun though! Your house is for sale??
Your list is so Wrong! Lets count the States. CA, NV, AZ, UT, CO, WY,NB, OK, TX, MO, IL, IN, OH, PA, NY, WV...That I believe is 16 States.
Post a Comment