The past two weeks, for us, have been nothing short of absolute insanity. We're finally to a week of normalcy. As normal as we can get in the summer, I suppose. So I've decided this week will be catch-up week. Everyday I'll be posting about some adventure we've had over the past two weeks. And after that a huge weight will be magically lifted off my shoulders and Cherie won't feel the need to call in the National Guard to see what in the world has become of us.
So, first up is Chuck wagon Days. This was our first scouting adventure. David really wanted me to go. And I do have to be honest in saying that when I heard we'll be spending roughly six hours following The Boy and the rest of his Cub Scout Pack around while they pulled/pushed a chuck wagon around, I was less than thrilled. But he really wanted us all to go so we dropped Little Miss off with Granny and off on our adventure we went.
It's true all we did was follow these boys and this wagon around for six hours, roughly, but I must admit we had fun. They had different stations to go to and different things to do at each station. Some things held our The Boy's attention better than others. Our favorite was, by far, fording the river. They had to push their wagon onto a little ferry. Then pull themselves, with a rope, across the river. Then pull the wagon up a muddy embankment. It was something to behold. I wasn't sure how The Boy would react to this. He isn't the biggest fan of rides so I was afraid he would get to the middle of the river and start saying "done!" But he doesn't ever stop surprising us, that one. He just sat there pulling on that rope and then did everything he was supposed.
Getting him up the embankment was a little tricky. It was steep and muddy. He did so good, though. Then he stood there with the two men who held the rope for others to climb up until ever last one of us (and you read that right, I had to go through this whole experience as well, oh the mud) was up. Because I took roughly 221 pictures I went the collage route. I think you get the idea...
The rest of the day was spent with things like cooking, archery, which Miss Thing loved since she got to try that out too, and BB guns and first aide and wilderness survival.
I must say it was more fun than I had expected. And The Boy had a blast, which I suppose, makes it all worth it.
Be muddy, sort of but not really



2 comments:
Great fun I say, great fun......well minus the muddy part! I'm not much into messy mud! Oh the things we mothers do!
You know me so well. I have the National Guard on speed dial. :)
Looks like fun. Can't wait to see everyone! C.
Post a Comment