Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Birthday Tea Party

In the midst of getting ready for a trip, end of school year stuff and a few other things I decided that I should have a little Birthday Tea for Miss Thing. I wanted to keep things as simple as possible, given all that was going on. So I emailed our invite out to a few friends and off we went!

I decided that the party would be on the front porch. So I made crepe paper flowers to hang from the ceiling and tied all the curtains with different ribbon. Then I made place mats and went to Goodwill and found tea cups that each of the girls could take home. I got some necklaces and "earrings" the girls could dress up with.

 We started things off with making our Tea Hats. Which were just a couple pieces of the crepe paper, tape and stickers.

 They each got to pick the colors they wanted.

 And then decorate however they choose.

 I think they all turned out so cute.

 And they went right along with my "simple" motto.

 Next was our tea and lunch. I put a few different fruits on toothpicks. Made ham rolls with cheese, also on a toothpick. Then made cream cheese sandwiches that I cut out using a butterfly cookie cutter. Miss Thing said she wanted real tea so I got some raspberry tea.
Then she got to open a couple of presents, which she of course loved.

 After that it was cupcake time! Look at these little beauties. I tinted the batter and then put it in the cups in layers so they were pink, purple and yellow. She did request cupcakes with a cherry on top so I tried, once again, to frost them fancy (and it worked!) then we added the cherry. I absolutely loved how they turned out.

 I think she did too.

So, I think my simple birthday party was a success. The girls all played really well together. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go with a larger group. Four seemed to be the magic number!

Be simple

6 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! I might have to do the same for Ev's birthday. I really like the cupcakes. They turned out perfect!

Mel said...

You are so imaginative. I would never have come up with that! You are the perfect girlie mum!

SuSu said...

So much fun. Love everything looks wonderful!

Jenna said...

Oh my, it all looks amazing! What a fun birthday~

Anonymous said...

My invitation must have been lost in the mail. Perhaps we can have a tea party when I get there? C.

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

That's such a cute idea! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails