Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our Search for Pie

The other day we went on a little adventure.
To get there we saw a lot of these. Dirt roads and wide open spaces.
The map wasn't as helpful as one would have thought. Most of the roads we took weren't even on the map. Fortunately David is blessed with something I am not. A sense of direction. My sense of directions are "left" and "right." He knows stuff like north and south, east and west. It's amazing to watch him work. Sometimes he'll have me tell him what the map says. He usually doesn't believe me and has to see it for himself. So I take the wheel while he looks at the map.

When we see stuff like this, it really isn't helpful.

Finally we found the little town we were looking for. There's not much to it, as you can see.

 But this place is there. It is the place of pie. Coconut cream pie to be specific.  

It was made famous by this lady. She was even on T.V., and stuff. All I know is that it is good stuff. Very good stuff.
The place is so fun. It's like a little cafeteria. With real dudes with cowboy hats.

By the time we got there kids and parents were reaching their driving limits. So we took what they had (a whole pie, minus one slice) and got back on the road. We decided to share our loot with Granny and Pap so we headed to their house.

And finally it was time for pie. Really really good pie.

Be adventurous

4 comments:

SuSu said...

I'm not a coconut lover, but maybe I could be.......it looks divine!

Jenna said...

That looks tasty and what a way to get it!

Mel said...

Yum yum!

Mary and Dean said...

What a great adventure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails