Friday, January 29, 2010

I Have A Terrific Kid


Today at school The Boy got the "Terrific Kid Award." It's quite a big deal, as far as these things go. He had his name called over the loud speaker (with the other winners) and got to go (this caused a little bit of an issue for him, he such a "routine" kid and leaving the classroom when he didn't normally was so out of the ordinary was a bit tricky) and have his picture taken. He got a sticker (shown) and a certificate for a free meal at Taco Bell (if it's free it's for me!) and a movie rental from Blockbuster. I couldn't be more proud of my Terrific Kid!
 
 Again I'm reminded of how far he has come since the beginning of the school year.

 
 As soon as he got home he was ready to take his sticker off and hand it over. When I told him to "wait just a minute!" this was his version of waiting.

 
 Or maybe he is done waiting.

In other news, but equally terrific, today when we were finishing up lunch I said/signed to Little Miss "all done?" without skipping a beat she started signing "more." I was thrilled beyond belief. She has been using "all done" and "more" for a little while but usually it's with me prompting her. This was all on her own. Such a proud mom, was I!
 

Be terrific

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome and high fives all around!

Mel said...

Great sticker work William! I love your kids. Too cute for words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails