The next "big thing" we've been working with Little Miss on is the standing. This is usually the response I get when it's my idea for her to stand.
This was her idea.
Going back to my idea (or Granny's in this case). She is not so trustworthy of us when we're working on this. She becomes a limp noodle and her legs become jello. I told the doctor about her trust issues and her reaction every time I tried to get her to stand he told me it was a sign of intelligence.
"I don't trust you lady," that's what this look says.
If we distract her well enough and long enough we have success.
But often times it is short lived. "I dont think I want to play anymore."
But mom is never satisfied! I call it creative trickery.
"I told you I'm not liking this."
"Goodbye, I'm done."
Just for the record. I'm asked often where The Boy was at her age. I don't like the idea of comparing my children. But I do find myself with these two. I'm calling it constructive comparisons. She is much more vocal than he was. And he was much more physical at this age. He could stand without help at this stage of the game and really liked climbing. He could even walk behind a push toy. These things hold no interest for her. Which I'm fine with. I know she'll get there eventually. I'm on her schedule on this one and forcing it isn't going to make anyone any happier. And she's only 17 lbs for goodness sake so carrying her around isn't exactly breaking my back.
Why would anyone question me on this? Me, the mom. Don't I know what I'm talking about here?
Be trustworthy

6 comments:
Why do we always want to go to the next stage......let's just enjoy where we are at! Mary is teaching me that!
I am not sure that they come much cuter than her, oh I wish I could get those smiles in person! And why would anyone question the mother, esp the mother with a camera and date stamp...seriously!
She is a smarty that one and she will do it when she's good and ready. I concur with Brittani, you don't question a mother with a camera and date stamp!
I love her! And yes, mother does know best!
I love her! Way to be independant Mary!
Sounds just like Luke! And aren't toddlers supposed to be stubborn??? I know all mine have been!
And I love the photo of William. I could just eat him up :)
Post a Comment