1. When someone has upset her, gotten in trouble with dad, brother knocked her over, the dog licked her, etc., she has to go to that person and get her hugs from them before she is consoled. I can hold her all I want but she usually won’t stop the sadness until she’s hugged it out with the offender.
2. She frequently makes a fuss about getting into the bath and then usually makes a fuss when it’s time to get out
3. She has, very recently, learned to open doors.
4. She took this picture
5. She “thank you” for everything. Getting her milk, helping her with her sweatshirt, wiping her nose.
6. She loves to play her Leapster Explorer and every now and again while she’s playing I hear, “I did it!”
7. Does. Not. Like. To. Be. Told. No.
8. After dropping the big kids off at school the first things I hear are, “Where William? Where Ruth?”
9. She can recognize, and say, almost all 26 letters
10. The other day she came up to me, while I was working on something, and clear as a bell said, “You ok, mama?”
11. She calls Jefferson “dog” and Lucy “baby”
12. She has some sweet dance moves, she even does “the sprinkler”
13. I’ve finally let go of giving her regular naps but occasionally she’ll fall asleep on the family room floor come evening time. Unless she’s taken her power nap on the bus ride home from school.
14. She gets so excited when the bus comes for her that she giggles and laughs the while walk down the driveway
15. She responds to most things by saying, “ok!”
16. She thinks she can ride the tricycle
17. She insists on taking her backpack in the car when we take the big kids to school. Regardless of the fact that she rides the bus to school. In the afternoon.
18.She has a love/scream at relationship with the brother.
19. Most mornings she asks for a “show.”
20. When leaving the grocery store (or any store for that matter) she says “bye!!” to the checker, the bagger, the checker in the next lane, the person walking in. You get the picture.
21. When giving kisses on the cheek, it must be one on each. Very European, that girl. Oh, and if you don’t turn your head for the second kiss, she’ll turn it for you.
5 comments:
Love it!!! C.
She is amazing and oh so charming that one!
love that girl!!!!
She looks like a big girl! when did this happen??!! I need a mary hug!
Loving her! And so big and grown up...
Post a Comment