Monday, February 25, 2013

Surgery Day

DSC_0061

Today this little girl is having her tonsils taken out.

Even though I’ve done this before, even though she’s had experiences with anesthesia before, I still get anxious.

I do feel confident that everything will be fine. It’s a strange feeling, anxiously confident. At the same time I’m not kidding myself into thinking that this won’t be one incredibly long day and night. It’s my hope, though, that getting us through this long day and night will make far fewer long nights like the ones we’ve been having. Can’t remember the last time the two of us slept through the night.

To be completely honest I’ve been looking forward to this time I have just the girl and I without too many of our typical distractions. The last time I spent the night in the hospital was when she was born. Which brings up all sorts of other crazy emotions that I’m trying hard to keep in check.

I’ll try to check back in when I have something to share.

Although I’ll probably be posting most of my updates on instagram (follow me @drivingwithnohands)

Until then pray for us both!

1 comment:

SuSu said...

Always in our thoughts and prayers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails