Sunday, February 24, 2013

Monday Musings on Sunday

  • It has been a crazy week around here
  • Most of it centered around a certain snow storm, one that was supposed to dump 12-15 inches of snow on us
  • It was all anyone was talking about
  • Many of us thought back to another storm years ago that left us without power for almost a week. I was pregnant with LM and it was not fun. In case you were wondering
  • I gathered our flashlights and lanterns, got new batteries, brought a Dutch oven upstairs (should we need to cook our food in our fireplace), while David brought firewood into the garage. Then I sat back and felt good about myself and my preparedness
  • Then school was canceled before any snow had touched the ground
  • In the end we got about 6 inches, it was hard to measure because we had so much wind and so a lot of snow just blew around
  • The kids were out of school for two days
  • David was off work for two days (one day the post was closed the second he took off)
  • For three days I didn’t leave the house, it was glorious
  • So that was the week that is now behind us and now we look forward to what’s ahead
  • Which is why I’m writing this on Sunday
  • Tomorrow is surgery day for Little Miss
  • In fact given the fact that the hospital is an hour away (there are closer ones, this is just the one where our ENT is closest to), and that more snow is headed our way she and I might head out tonight
  • I’ll keep you posted
  • And now I’ll leave you with a little something I cooked up of the kids sledding, enjoy!

 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah for surgery day! Yeah to better sleeping for LM... and you. :) Love the pictures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails