I am a naturally shy person. It’s something I’ve lived with my whole life. And while I do think I’ve improved with age when it comes to crowds and talking to strangers I’d rather just stick to myself. It’s in those moments I hear the voice of my father, “you need to step outside yourself.” While I try not to dwell on the fact that I hear voices in my head I do try to take action from his message, one repeated constantly from my youth.
Today I’m entering one of my photos in our city library’s “Night Images Photo Contest.” The thought of doing it gives me butterflies but I just keep hearing that voice pushing me forward.
For the next week or so this photo will be on display, with many others, for people to come and vote on. Then it will be judged at the end of the week.
Wish me luck.
On an unrelated topic Happy Birthday to my brother who will always be older!
I’m so glad that Skype reminded me this morning.
I kid. I kid.
Of course I remembered. Because he came first. As in, he’s older.
5 comments:
Awesome picture! Wish I could go vote.
If I could I would vote for your photo! Can I vote by mail? It seems a reasonable request!
That IS a great photo! Regardless of the outcome of the vote, you have won just by sharing something special!
Love the pic, I cannot wait to hear how it all turn out!!
the picture is amazing. i wish i were there to vote!
Post a Comment