The year before we met I had a little “date list” where I kept track of all the dates I went on and who it was with.
And I do mean little. It took up just a page. With big writing. And markers.
So, naturally, I started writing down every date I went on with David.
Then when we got married I typed them up and put them in a pretty book with movie tickets and notes we wrote each other. It’s all very cute.
Now we can look back and see the things we did together.
And laugh, mostly.
Like the number of dates that involved a grocery store. So sue me, I didn’t have a car. And he did.
One of those grocery store experiences he put me in a chest fridge full of yogurt. That was special.
We also saw a lot of movies. Something we do very little of these days. I blame it on the children.
Or the time I made a cheesecake to share and gave him a small sliver and kept the rest to myself. I still do that, sort of.
There was a lot of ice cream, too. That we still do.
A couple of football games.
Times were different then.
We can also point at the dates we introduced each other to different members of our family (sisters, mainly).
Someone asked me, on the spot, after we were engaged how it was that we fell in love. While half of me started freaking out that I didn’t even know what that meant the other half, the vocal half thankfully, quickly answered, “We spent time together.”
So this is a list of our time.
It’s a list of how we fell in love.
And I love it.
2 comments:
very cool idea, I wish that I had something like that! Well I guess the year and a half of letters can be considered our first dates (hehe)
I remember that list, as do I remember many of those dates. You forgot to mention your sad tag along roommate! Congrats on 10 years guys! We luv ya!
Post a Comment