Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Centennial State Part I

 

The week before school started the kids and I (plus two parents) headed west for a little family reunion, minus a few family members (including David).

We stayed west of Denver up in the mountains. The kids were so excited to be in the mountains. I think I forget that we don’t see much of them around these parts. I was so excited to have a break from the surface-of-the-sun-like temperatures.

So this will be the first of the I-don’t-know-how-many part series of our last hurrah of summer.

The first couple of days we spent exploring the area, going on hikes (which to real hikers were just walks but I say I’m in the mountains it’s a hike), and wearing kids out to the best of my abilities.

 DSC_0330

I employed all in my efforts.

DSC_0308

And I used nature to entertain.

DSC_0391

“Look, honey, it’s water. In a river. We never see water in a river!”

DSC_0378

I suppose that’s not as funny when you don’t know we live right next to two rivers.

DSC_0382

Even so this one led to a waterfall.

DSC_0483

Which automatically made it more magical.

DSC_0487

For those that weren’t as taken with the waterfall.

DSC_0396

We found some trees.

DSC_0244

And dirt.

DSC_0288

And rocks.

DSC_0261

That kind of stuff can entertain people for hours.

DSC_0298

Even the big people.

DSC_0394

And somehow, because we weren’t home, it seemed more fun than our own trees and rocks and dirt.

Colorado Panorama1

Which totally works for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails