I learned something while we were in Colorado.
My girls are brave.
Like seriously brave.
We found an Adventure Park while we were there. Up in the mountains. They had miniature golf (one of The Boy’s favorite), a climbing wall, bungee jumping trampoline, a mini zip line, and alpine slide and ski lift rides up the mountain. Among other things.
We decided to go with a full day pass and spent the whole day there. The weather was perfect. What else would it be? And the scenery was spectacular.
Miss Thing couldn’t wait to try the bungee jumping.
The Boy was much more interested in climbing. Shocking, I know.
He did try the bouncing thing once. Then the worker dude tried to bounce him higher and he was a big fat done with that. Must be in control, that boy.
Miss Thing was into trying just about everything.
What surprised me most was so was this girl. I’m not sure how many times I heard “I try” that day.
The guy that helped her basically stood there and bounced her. He was so good with her, though. Afterwards she gave him a hug. He loved it and told us he never gets hugs.
We took a huge to me ski lift up the mountain and ate at their restaurant. Turns out chair lifts freak me out a little. Or riding a chair lift with my children, who were with adults, in front of me freaks me out a little. They, of course, were not phased by it. And after I did some deep breathing and got used to it I couldn’t help but take in the silence and the beauty when you are up so high.
We next decided to try out the zip line.
Which Miss Thing tried out earlier and despite the look on her face really liked it.
Little Miss put herself first in line. And after watching a little girl go before her, her patience was thin. I’ll let the pictures do the talking.
*Prepare yourself for the cutest thing that may exist on the planet*
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Let me tell you I am not a crier. At least not very easily. But watching her on the zip line I cried. She was just so cute and so brave that I up and cried. It was seriously that adorable.
Miss Thing’s second go at it appeared much more fun. She had a bigger audience that time, I’m sure that had something to do with it.
One of the favorite things of the day was the alpine slide.
You take a chair lift up then go down on a little sled with wheels. Miss Thing drove the sled herself when she went down. Such a rock star. And I lost count of the number of times The Boy went down. Little Miss even loved it, of course. The whole way down she’d laugh and then say, “Whoa!”
While this is a picture light post of The Boy I promise he was there. He attached himself to his Uncle Dennis and the two of them had many of their own adventures.
It was an awesome day.
5 comments:
Awesome! Much more brave then their aunt!
I cried looking at the pictures! I can only imagine the glory of it all.
I am a witness- it was the cutest thing ever on the planet! I want a zipline in my yard so that she will move in with me. I will neither confirm nor deny that ice cream was had by The Boy and Uncle Dennis. And that The Boy went on the alpine slide six times. Hmmmm. C
looks like fun!! isn't colorado the best?! ;)
oh.my.goodness!! i was bracing myself for the cuteness but HOLY COW are those the cutest pictures you've ever seen???!!! I just love her pure joy.
Post a Comment