Thursday, August 23, 2012

Confessions

  • We’re having a bit of a hard week. I was ready for it to be over by Tuesday
  • David was working in the yard last Saturday, pulling weeds and brush, he unknowingly came across some poison ivy. Then wiped his sweaty face with his shirt. Which has all resulted in a swollen itchy mess. Two trips to the E.R. and one trip to the Doctor later we’re slowly seeing some improvement.
  • So I don’t think that last one was a confession
  • This morning I put on a pair of jeans and they gave me a muffin top. I’m not sure it was that noticeable but I know it’s there
  • I have to collect a stool specimen from Little Miss
  • The other day I went to orientation for the big kids. I was so exhausted that hearing about the 3rd grade homework and curriculum and knowing that it doesn’t apply The Boy didn’t overwhelm and upset me like usual. Shall we say blessing in disguise?
  • Last night I had a dream I was much younger and in school and got the lead role in the school musical production. Which was full of solo’s. The last time I was in a school production was in 7th grade. A Midsummer Night’s Dream. I was in one scene and had one line. And there was no singing
  • Having a husband home with poison ivy for the week is way worse than if he was out of town all week. He’s here but not really.
  • I’ve noticed lately while driving and walking around that stuff on my person jiggles
  • My kitchen needs to be mopped and I’ve been pretending all week to ignore it
  • On Monday I had to take The Boy to the doctor because his ear was leaking goo. He has ear infections in both ears. Because why wouldn’t he?
  • The other day I made yogurt. Totally nailed it.
  • I’ve been “thinking outside the box” when it comes to the kids’ lunches. It’s helping to distract one person from the fact that she does indeed have to go to school. Every single day.
  • I have a serious farmer’s tan on my arms
  • I hardly wear make-up anymore. And not because I feel all kinds of good about myself. It falls closer to the fact that I’m lazy
  • That was liberating

 

DSC_0781

Photo by MT

Hey thanks for listening!

6 comments:

SuSu said...

Hey love the hat. You look stunning. You look Grace Kelly-ish!! And as to the muffin top well let's just say I've moved onto the doughnut top or maybe it is just my whole body is a doughnut! So in other words muffins are good!

Anonymous said...

OMG - that was funny. I too refuse to accept the kitchen floor needs mopping. I love your blog!!!

Brittani said...

First of all, Love the picture! Second of all, love the post...growing up stinks!!!

Ashley Allred said...

lol! funny post and some sadness. Hate it when the hubby is sick/sickly! great pic by the way! LOVE the hat. I love all hats!

heidi and tom said...

Love love love that picture!! I also like confessions. Makes me think of a line from You've Got Mail. Also, very liberating.

Nancy said...

Aaron ran his soldiers straight into a patch of poison ivy. They were smart and sropped right away... but Aaron kept running. His legs were so itchy and swollen and scabby. Yuck. So sorry for your hubby. Love your post. Sounds a lot like my life. Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails