The night before school started I made a special dinner. Or, rather, I called it special.
We ate in the dinning room to amp up the specialness.
Used fancy serving dishes and fancy silverware.
But not fancy china. I do know our limits. I also chose a scripture (1 Timothy4:12) for us to think about and focus on for the school year. I made cards for everyone to help us all remember.
We even made freshly squeezed strawberry lemonade.
Of course the idea for this grand event first came to me about the day before and I had visions of bunting and twinkle lights but in the end we just picked up some flower from the store and pulled out things from the cupboards to decorate the table with. A less is more approach.
Afterwards David gave each of the children a special blessing. A tradition that we’ve both carried with us our whole lives.
We ended the evening with a lemon meringue pie that was just as lovely as the rest of the evening.
It was the perfect ending to our summer and a wonderful tradition to begin.
3 comments:
You. Are. Awesome!
Sounds lovely indeed and tasty too!
What a wonderful way to start the school year, I am totally going to steal this idea for next year ;-)
Post a Comment