Tuesday, April 24, 2012

HP: Thrift Store Finds

When I started this project I also started lots of list. I had lists of things I wanted to make. Lists of things that needed reorganizing. Lists of things I wanted for the room. Lists of things to buy. I think I might have made a list or two just for my lists. At least it felt that way.

On top of the list was a table. I had to have a table that was big people height (as opposed to the little person table that was there before) and also big enough that I could spread out. I also didn’t want to spend the arms and legs of my offspring to get it.

DSC_0039 edit

Enter the $5 table.

DSC_0042 edit

Five dollars! You read that right. I pulled up to one of my favorite thrift stores to see this sitting outside. At that time there was a “sold” sign on it. As I shopped around they had taken the sign off. I was elated. The snag was that it had to be gone at the time of purchase. My mil and I quickly ran home to get her much larger vehicle (as opposed to my puny one) and got back in time to buy the table and get it in there (it fit beautifully by the way) before anyone else tried to buy it. I was giddy for weeks after this find. It has probably seen better days. The surface is pretty roughed up. For what I wanted it for, though, I couldn’t have find anything more perfect.

DSC_0050 edit

I also collected these plates and candlesticks at random times. Their height is what I love. Having odds and ends off the surface of the table makes me feel like I have more room.

DSC_0046 edit

This dude was 25 cents and I couldn’t resist.

DSC_0066

This white board was a whopping $2. I love that its magnetic. I also love how cool my kids are whipping off all that I had written on it. The little dears.

DSC_0078 edit

This technically wasn’t a thrift store find. It is vintage and it was free. So I thought it fit in the thrifty category, though. For the past couple of months my mother-in-law has been cleaning/reorganizing/rearranging/purging her basement. She had two of these Coca Cola crates in the rooms downstairs and offered them to me. I saw this idea on Pinterest to put acrylic paints in them.  I love love how it turned out. I can see what colors I have and they’re easily accessible. And, you know, it was free.

DSC_0076

I found lots of jars and bowls and containers at different time. I’ve come to learn in my thrift storing that going often and looking at all the shelves you can find some really fun things. And all together they turn into one amazing space.

DSC_0074

Finally I needed a new chair. Many of the things I was looking for in a table applied to my chair. This one totally fit the bill. I found it for $5 (must be a magic number). Someday I may try to take it apart and cover it with some fun fabric. Let’s just say it’s on a list.

It’s amazing the things I can find at thrift stores, I think. I’ve found lots of different crafting supplies, fabric remnants, wreath forms, picture frames and probably lots more. It’s fun and usually pretty cheap and there is always different things to look at.

Feel free to ask questions! I’ll do my best to answer them in my week long “happy place” party.

Toodles!

4 comments:

SuSu said...

Fun, fun and more fun. Really looks outstanding.

Amy said...

Outstanding! What will be the first thing you create?

Anonymous said...

I thought I recognized the coke cases. :) The re-org looks amazing! Congrats! C.

Ashley Allred said...

fabulous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails