Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend.
Here’s a quick glimpse of ours.
We went to some friends for their annual Easter Egg hunt. Although I missed all the hunting since The Boy took off and not knowing where he was headed I took off after him. By the time we returned every egg (1000+) had been found. He was annoyed that I went after him and I was annoyed that he doesn’t follow the stay-in-my-line-of-sight rule. We’re a lovely pair. He had plenty of time left to play and get dirty and eat a whole lot so I think he got over it.
After the hunt we dyed Easter eggs. I tried something different by adding oil to the dye (pinterest). They were supposed to be marbled but just ended up looking psychedelic. According to David. Of course, as it always does, the entire egg dying experience took all of six minutes and then came the question, “Now what?”
Pardon me while I rant. My mom used to charge us a quarter every time we asked, “what’s for dinner?” I’m seriously considering charging when I hear the “now what?” question. It is such a struggle for me that question. I gave you life, is it really necessary that I entertain your every waking minute?!
Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Now that you all know what kind of mom I am. I feel slightly liberated.
Sunday morning once we were all ready for church and looking so Springy I told David that I wished we could take a quick picture. He said to “set it up.” Slightly surprising since he is somewhat anti being in pictures. I tried not to waste any time in my set up. But the grass was wet causing at least one melt down. And a couple others had better things to do with their time. Nevertheless we did persevere. For a five minutes at least.
I am now thinking I should have been more specific on my wishes.
Happy Easter from the Easterling’s
3 comments:
Oh Ruth! She is a gem. I love the eggs, they look awesome!
A gem she is! A diamond in the rough! The eggs look fabulous and love the "egg dippers!" And Dave love the beard! So that's why you were agreeable to the photo shoot; just sayin'
Great photos. Prettiest eggs I've ever seen :-)
Post a Comment