Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Confession

DSC_0020

Until two days ago I had never mowed a lawn.

My mother blames my father.

I secretly think my father secretly blames my mother.

I blame no one.

I feel my character has not lacked by not having pushed around a machine that’s near my weight and could chop off my arm.

What is lacking, I will say, comes in the form of muscles.

I thought I had some.

I now know I don’t.

But I’ll get some.

Eventually.

4 comments:

Brittani said...

I love mowing the lawn, though grant is stingy with sharing I manage to sneak in a few times a year! It is so much better than weeding! Glad you got to join the club of female mowers (I am sure there are many many out there that are not a part of it!)

stephmabry said...

Such a timely post - our lawn is in DESPERATE need of mowing (it comes up to my knees. No, really, it does!). We don't even own a lawnmower yet, and have NEVER had our lawn properly mowed, despite having purchased our house in December of '09. Lucky for me, I have a coupon for a free mow from a local landscaping company...but if hubby can't get them to come soon, we're going to have to give in, and I'M likely going to have to cut it. Yikes.

Amy said...

Justin says... You never had to because he always did.

Toni Marie said...

wow...did you mow the front?? I can't imagine mowing that. I did have to mow while Mike was gone in hawaii. And it was my job at home in HS. I love doing it. It's relaxing. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails