Friday, December 2, 2011

Small and Simple Things

Sometimes I wonder if I over think stuff.

Well actually I know I over think stuff.

There are so many virtues and traits that I so desperately want my children to grasp and I wonder if I’m really teaching them these things.

This morning I had a “sit back and watch” moment and I realized that so much of what I want them to be and know just comes naturally to them.

We’ve been trying something new when I drop kids off at school. In the past The Boy’s para would come to the car to help them out and get them to the right place. Now they get out on their own and go to her. The first day kind of threw The Boy but they’ve seemed to settle nicely into this new routine.

As they were getting out and getting situated The Boy started in the right direction. Somehow Miss Thing fell behind a bit. Without skipping a beat The Boy stopped to wait for her before he moved on.

Just watching that little interchange helped me see what I needed. That this is what Christmas time is about, for me. Showing those that we love just how much we mean to them. What greater way to show that love by being a little more Christ-like in our actions. It’s amazing how the smallest things make the biggest impact.

DSC_0236 edit

4 comments:

Amy said...

I agree... :)

SuSu said...

Love seeing that!

Brittani said...

such good moments!

Holly said...

Love your family photos! Tell me, are you PS action girl?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails