Thursday, December 15, 2011

Slight Interruption

As much as I’ve enjoyed having a little bit of Christmas everyday real life is still happening. Real life with real laundry and dishes. And real doctors appointments. And a real lot of other stuff.

Today I took The Boy and Little Miss to a follow up visit on their ears. Oh those ears. It was determined pretty quickly that one of The Boys’ tubes was out and that both of Little Miss’s were no more. The P.A. cleaned both sets of ears all out and cleared out the tubes that were complete failures just hanging out.

I opted to have The Boy go first with the ear cleaning. He strongly dislikes to have his ears cleaned. Has all kinds of things to say in protest.

“Hand” (as in hold my hand)

“Bathroom!”

“All Done!”

“Up”

“Ow!”

Whatev’ boy.

When it was Little Miss’ turn she was the complete opposite. She just laid there like it was nothing. Mr. Over Protector man I thought I had it bad with two brothers insisted on being the one to hold her hands down and when she moved her leg just a touch he holds her leg down and says “No, Mary!”

Whatev’ boy.

After all the ear cleaning we headed over for some hearing testing.

The gist is this.

The Boy’s tests showed just the same as what testing showed previously (when he was sedated for his last set of tubes). So I’m feeling good that there is consistency. The plan for now is to not replace the tubes, yet, and they’ll continue to monitor him.

Little Miss, on the other hand, didn’t get away so easily. Her tests weren’t showing much. One ear most definitely has fluid built up and the other still has the hole, from when the tube was in but majorly failed. So she gets to have her tubes replaced and then have a sedated ABR (hearing test) and then just for kicks have her adenoids taken out as well.

If that doesn’t sound like a party, I don’t know what does.

DSC_0153DSC_0235

4 comments:

Brittani said...

AHHHHHHH! The never ending battle. I am so sorry!

SuSu said...

Fun times ahead!

Amy said...

I think it's time to call Genius Book of World Records!

Mel said...

Luke had his tonsils and adenoids out at the beginning of winter this year, and his ears cleaned out as well- apparently he is a one-boy wax factory. The upside is that he no longer snores and sleeps much better. Good luck :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails