The first Christmas I can remember is when I was five.
I came out Christmas morning to find a shiney, new Cabbage Patch Big Wheel. With a wheel that was teal. It was complete with a basket on the back. Such an important accessory.
It was a thing of beauty.
At the time we were living on a farm and I must say I logged a lot of miles on that big wheel.
Sitting atop that big wheel was a cup. A lifesaver cup with my picture on it. A lifesaver cup, incidentally, that is currently sitting in my cupboard.
I've been thinking of this Christmas a lot as of late.
It's true what they say, that history repeats itself. Since I have it on good authority that there might be a few kids who may find some shiney new wheels Christmas morning. Although I haven't decided where their new cups will show up.
I'm getting excited just trying to picture the looks on their faces.
I can hardly wait.
2 comments:
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
I wanna see a picture of the cup :)
Post a Comment