Here’s a question. For my mother. Does this look familiar?
I suppose, if you’re not my mother, there is a chance you don’t know the answer to that question.
I’ll just tell you then. This used to a be a skirt. A skirt that my mother wore and then gave to me.
Sewing for Miss Thing is so very tricky. Lets just say she isn’t as impressed with the stuff I whip up as I am. So if I make her something that I love and she doesn’t I just wasted an afternoon.
Lately, it seems, she is growing rather weed like and all of her dresses are getting smaller with each wash (I suppose I could just stop doing laundry). So I decided to look in my stash and see if I could whip something up and not waste an afternoon. I found a few promising items that I could transform. Then I was putting away my laundry and I saw this skirt (that I don’t really wear much, sorry Mom) and I knew it would be perfect. Because it met both of her requirements. Which were “pink” and “sparkly.”
The next step was turning it into a dress. I used this to help me along. Then I started cutting. That was the part I was sort of nervous about. I didn’t have enough material to line the bodice so I used some white cotton I had in my scrap drawer. I wasn’t sure how I felt about how the lining looked on the top compared to the bottom but I just went with it. I also wished I could have made it just a little bit longer. Then I decided to stop looking at it.
And, I think, the end result met all of our her expectations.
Something she can twirl in. Something that sparkles, especially when the light hits it. And, let’s face it, it’s pink.
4 comments:
Love it!
There are a few lessons here for me. First, letting go of what I have can be alright. I don’t remember anything about the skirt. Second, we can take something and make something more. Third, stop looking and just go with what you have in the end is the best. Fourth, I’m an over analyzer. I should stop doing that.
Oh, and by the way the dress is fantastic! Pink, has twirl capability and sparkles; all things grand!
Your Amazing I love it... So cute...
the dress is darling!
Post a Comment