Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Conversations

DSC_0188

Lately this girl has been big into numbers. She always wants to know what time it is. What time we’re going some place. How long it will be before we leave. She likes to know how many of whatever it is we’re looking at.

Lately she has also been big into telling me what and how to do things. I’m not a fan. But I do try my hardest to remain cool, calm and collected.

A week or so ago as I was making lunch and I was quite certain I had enough peanut butter to make the required sandwiches these kids consume. She did not believe me and proceeded to tell me about it and then to get me more peanut butter out of the pantry. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Miss Thing how many peanut butter sandwiches have you made?

MT: One

Me: How many do you think I have made?

MT: Two thousand

Me: That’s exactly right. Now who do you think has more experience?

MT: You

Me: So do you think I know what I’m doing?

MT: Yeess

End of conversation. And by the way I had plenty of peanut butter and didn’t have to open a new jar.

Then yesterday the whole thing started again. This time with macaroni and cheese. I was in the midst of multi-tasking. That’s kind of what I do. When I didn’t get the ingredients out at the moment she thought they needed to be out she started telling me everything I needed for it. And not in a nice sweet way. More like a hello-you-idiot-haven’t-you-done-this-before kind of way

Me: Miss Thing how many times have you made macaroni and cheese?

MT: None

Me: And how many times do you think I’ve made it?

MT: One thousand and eleven

Me: That’s exactly right. So do you think I know what we need?

MT: Yeesss

End of conversation.

3 comments:

Toni Marie said...

that is classic!

Amy said...

hello-you-idiot-haven’t-you-done-this-before kind of way... that is just classic! Love that girl!

SuSu said...

I can't stop laughing; oh man that girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails