Monday, June 13, 2011

Am I Too Late?

DSC_0891

For another glimpse of the birthday cake. That one for the birthday that was a few weeks ago.

So here is this cake’s story.

Miss Thing loves birthdays. All birthdays. She. Loves. Birthdays. And that means birthday cakes are a huge topic with her.

Ever since her birthday last year brother’s birthday she has been talking about her birthday cake. She’s requested everything from a castle, a butterfly, a Barbie cake. The list goes on and on and on. I learned long ago that it’s best if the birthday cake is best when it’s a surprise. Or in other words when the birthday kid doesn’t chose. If I didn’t do it this way these kids would probably end up with no less than 20 cakes a piece on their big day. And who, in their right mind, has time to do such a thing?

So I decided, without telling her, on a butterfly cake. Then Miss Thing went to a birthday party and there was a butterfly cake which she fell in love with (thank you Angie!).

Unfortunately, because school was out and no matter how hard I try I can’t get away from these people, I had to tell her what her birthday cake was going to be before I started working on it. Even so she was pleased as punch and more than willing to “help.”

I used this as my guide and I think it turned out pretty darn cute.

In any case, she liked it.

DSC_0903

3 comments:

SuSu said...

She is and always will be her mother's daughter. And for that I love her even more.

Jenna said...

I love it! I always use the betty crocker site for birthday cake ideas-they have great stuff.

Ashley Allred said...

LOVE it!!! (don't worry I haven't forgot about your "E's". It has been pretty crazy around here. BUT it will be coming soon. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails