This is a good story.
For some time now I’ve been thinking. And looking. And thinking. And looking for the right cookbook for me to cook my way through. Another thing on my list. I’ve been feeling the pressing need as these things take time. I decided I wanted to do the real deal. However tempted I was to cook my way through a cheesecake cookbook. That would be just too easy. I also decided that I wanted something totally new. Not one that I have and use already. I didn’t think I could make this sort of a decision by way of internet shopping, as I wanted to be able to look through it. Make sure there isn’t too much crazy stuff. Seeing as the closest bookstore is some miles away this would require effort and planning.
And then unexpectedly, last Friday evening, we were in the vicinity of a bookstore. David gave me ten minutes to get in, find a cookbook, and get out (I took eleven). I really didn’t think I would be able to. That’s not a whole lot of time. I ran in, fortunately the cookbooks were towards the front, and picked up the first cookbook that caught my eye. I flipped through it, thinking it just may work. I carried it with me down the aisle of cookbooks. Then got a little overwhelmed at all my choices. Since I’m giving myself 10 months to finish this thing I figured anything that had “1001” in the title was an automatic out. With only a few minutes left I decided to go with my first instinct.
Don’t you love this show? I’m really quite excited about it. With each recipe it has a blurb about the restaurant and where it is.
I’ve already made my first recipe, Chicken Croquettes. From The Dining Car restaurant in Philadelphia, PA. Although I didn’t shape it into a cone, like was suggested, they were fabulous.
Which begs the question, why are things fried in oil so dang good?
Later that night as I was flipping through channels “Triple D” was on. I settled into watch, thinking “wouldn't it be fun if this is the one that The Dining Car is on.” At the start of each show he gives a little run down of each place he visits and would you believe that The Dining Car was the last to be featured? How’s that for crazy. It made the whole experience that much more fun.
Now, what next?
4 comments:
Awesome! They look good enough to eat off the page.
Yum! Glad you found a cookbook, looks like it will be a fun one.
Doing a little "Julie and Julia" project are we? Sounds fun! I love Triple D! I've been wanting to get this cookbook also to try some of the food I've seen on the show. Can't wait to see more pics of your food!
That looks like a really cool cookbook. I think it was a great choice and I'm excited to see what you cook up.
Post a Comment