Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Words We Live By

DSC_0136 edit

The other day Over a year ago I started writing this post about the things that Miss Thing says. I never finished it. I don’t know why. But I recently remembered it so I decided to finish what I started. Here it is…

A long time ago my mother had an experience. Her third darling child, yours truly, said the cutest thing. She was quick to share the clever girls' words with others. Someone suggested she write it down. How could she ever forget it, though? It was the cutest thing ever! What were these cute words? We'll never know. She didn't write it down.

This isn't meant to be a story of heartbreak. I've decided to take the above mentioned advice. I've been making mental notes of things that Miss Thing says so that I can make a nice long cozy list. This may take me a few days (I've already started forgetting stuff!) but it will be worth it! **HA! Who knew that it would take me 365+ days more than a “few”**

I smell my nose! Said when she smells something yummy coming out of the kitchen

Jesus said you go ni-night. Said to me the other day when I was trying to get her to lay back down after being woken up from a power nap

Dada, your lucky. We never got out of her why he was so lucky.

William hit me! This had been said more than once. Although on this particular occasion he had his sword while she was holding hers. It was meant to be a duel that she chickened out of. My response to her was to turn around and hit him back!

I need some privacy. Interesting

I do that, no or, I like that, no.

Present day

A year later her speech has evolved more into conversations than one sentence gems. Here are a few we’ve had as of late.

MT: While I’m at school I want you to take your glasses off.

Me: I don’t know if I’m going to get that far

MT: Okay, just think about it

 

Me: What are you doing?

MT: There’s panties in my bum! Her first experience with that particular sensation, I presume. And of course its happening as we’re walking out of school. I should also note that she, like her father, isn’t good at whispering

MT: I’m having issues today. With a look of great sadness.

Me: Time for bed

MT: I don’t want to go to bed

Me: Go in and go potty, please

MT: I’m not tired so I don’t want to go to bed

Me: Time for bed

MT: I don’t want to go to bed, my eyes won’t close

Me: Go to the bathroom!

MT: What are we doing tomorrow?

That girl notices and remembers just about everything.  She likes to know the time and sometimes the temperature. She knows the names of everyone in her class, and how old they are. She knows whose birthdays come before and after hers. “She knows, she knows, she just doesn’t know what she knows!”

She keeps me on my toes, that one.

3 comments:

Amy said...

There's panties in my bum!... I needed that laugh today MT, thank you!

SuSu said...

Did I mention I miss that girl. Man oh man I love her words.

Ashley Allred said...

Right Amy? lol! I needed that too! It has been TOO long!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails