From the time The Boy was about a year we started signing. At first it was very simple. "More" was his first sign. Then as we both began to learned how to communicate with eachother our signing vocabulary increased. I did some with Miss Thing but as her verbal skills increased she used less signs. I've been working with Little Miss for a number of months and lately a few things are starting to stick with her. Like her brother her first sign was "more." Although she has quit doing that as of late and is starting to just nod her head when I ask her if she wants more. The nod works too. Either way she is communicating! That's all I care about. A close second has been "bath." That girl loves a bath. Loves all water really. No matter its origin. I've had to train the other two to put the toilet seat down or we have some issues. I haven't worked much with her on the signs for "mom" and "dad" because she has been verbalizing those. All of this I'm just thrilled beyond belief with. The first time The Boy said "mama" was when he was somewhere around 14-15 months old. My heart melted to mush. But it was a couple years before he said it again. Little Miss has much more vocal in all her sounds. It's a fun new adventure.
So I caught this little clip of her the other day. She was seriously on a roll. It's like a whole new world when we get on that same "communication" page.
Do your best to ignore my voice, I really don't like my "recording" voice. Focus only on the cuteness girl.
Be expressive
3 comments:
That is great she is so chatty. And she isn't calling you crazy and another bonus!!
I was saying good girl to her... like she could hear me! lol! Yeah for Little Miss!
She is so cute! I recognise those signs, which surprised me as we do New Zealand sign language, and lots are different. Luke's first sign was 'finished'. It's so gorgeous, and I wish I had known some of them for the others :)
Post a Comment