Monday, March 29, 2010

Continuing On Our Adventure

As part of the fun of Kansas City (two weeks ago) we visited cousins. Both of my mil's sisters live in the Kansas City area so we were able to go and see both of them. We went out to the stables to visit their (mil's neices family) horses. I knew that The Boy would be thrilled. I wasn't sure what Miss Thing would do.

They had one of them saddled with a child size saddle so the big kids got a chance to go for a ride. Whether or not they took that chance was another story.

The Boy volunteered himself to go first but as soon as he was sitting in the saddle he was signing, and saying, "done." In fact the closer he got to being up on the horse the louder I heard him. He didn't wouldn't even sit long enough for me to take a picture.

Little Miss, I must say, really surprised me. I kept asking her if she wanted to go. And showing no emotion she just kept nodding her head.

They went around once and we asked her if she wanted to go again, still without expression, she nodded. It was quite funny.
 Still nothing. Are you having fun girl?

When she got down I asked her if she had fun. All she would do was nod her head. Of course later on she would excitedly tell almost anyone who would listen that she road on a big horse.

She indulged us by sitting up there for a photo-op. Although her brother, the whole time she was up there, just kept signing/saying "done."
He didn't mind getting close and petting. The whole idea of riding, though, was out of the question. I wasn't all that surprised by his reaction. He likes to try stuff but once he is done he is done. Things have to be on his terms. I think rides, of any sort, fall out of that category with him being in control of his situation.

After that we went to visit, and stay the night at, my mil's other sister. It was a nice visit. Wonderful to get out of the house. And fun to get to do some out of the ordinary things. We couldn't leave the city without visting my mil's parents. The weather was wonderful (until we were driving home at least). The company delightful.


It was a lovely, lovely weekend!

Be brave

1 comment:

SuSu said...

Great pictures, great times, great memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails