Monday, December 14, 2009

Window To The Outside World

It's interesting what happens when you have to live without something you're quite certain you could never live without. Due to some technical difficulties we were without the internet for 29 days. Twenty-nine days. Not that I was counting. The first couple of days I thought I would loose my mind. I was getting a glimpse of how The Beast must have felt when he let Belle take off with his magic mirror, his "only window to the outside world." Somehow, though, I did live through it. I began to discover other uses for my computer (shocking, I know). I now have some mad Mahjong skills and have a perfect status with Free Cell.
For about a week and a half I waited at home almost everyday for the modem to appear. It turns out, though, that it won't show up if it is never sent. And will take even longer to reach you if they send it to the wrong address. (The dude down at 411 N. was enjoying my modem for 5 days before we figured that one out!) Finally, last Friday I rejoined the modern century and was finally reconnect with the rest of the free world. And waiting for me was over 500 emails. It was a beautiful thing to feel so loved and yet I probably need to get off of so many newsletters. I did have a good laugh from a few of them (thanks Cherie!) wondering what happened to us and wondering how we were doing wandering in the desert. I'm happy to say we made through! I've done the thing I thought I could not do!
There is so much to be updated and I feel so out of practice that I hardly know where to begin...

2 comments:

Brittani said...

welcome back to civilization!

SuSu said...

I do believe I can know live in peace again knowing you are back on the "net"......there is a lady at church that calls it the "net" and I just love when she calls it the "net" and she has dial up; I don't know if you can even call that the "net" I would think that is more of a "trap" as you wait for the "net" to load....welcome back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails