Saturday, December 26, 2009

Candy For Dinner

 That's what happens when you decide to do gingerbread houses in the late afternoon.
Christmas Eve we decided to carry on with the tradition of the candy houses. After last year's flat roof fiasco I decided that I needed to make a different kind of icing to assemble our houses. I found a recipe I thought would work and it didn't let us down. It was like cement! Or maybe it really was cement. Either way it was perfect. I'm pretty sure those houses are earthquake-tornado-huricane-and-any-other-natural-disaster proof.



Next year's upgrade, I think, will be to make real gingerbread. I ran out of time this year so we stuck with the graham crackers. David was in charge of getting candy. I'm not sure how many houses we were constructing. We have enough to make a booming matropolis! Miss Thing was certainly satisfied with the candy selection. I'm pretty sure she tried every type that we had.



 Here we are eating candy. She's supposed to be helping. But she's eating candy.



 And here he is eating graham crackers. He can hardly see a graham cracker and not eat it. He's supposed to be helping but he is eating graham crackers in stead.



Once he was finished with his little snack he was ready to help pour cement with me.



 The Boy then found it necessary to inspect the sprinkles. It was about then that Miss Thing found more candy to pilfer through and do some poison control on.



Oh so she did help...a little.



 Notice the candy in her mouth. Where are this girls parents?



 The Boy and I were very proud of our work.

 

 I think she was proud of her dad's work too.



 She helped too...a little.

2 comments:

Mel said...

What fun! I'm laughing- just what my kids would do- me too, if I'm honest!

SuSu said...

It is obvious to me Little Miss was the supervisor......that's an important job you know! So when is the next visit to the dentist? Or are you anti-denti for the kids as well ........... smiling!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails