While we were out in California visiting my parents we were having such a lovely time we decided to stay a couple of extra days. During one of those days we took off on a little adventure. First we went and got donuts from my hometown. It’s THE donut shop. It’s the standard to which I judge all other donuts. It’s an institution, really.
Then we were in search of some really good clam chowder. We drove out to the coast to a place that was recommended to us. Spud Point Crab Co., Bodega Bay.
My, oh, my it was lovely.
We found this girl some crab too. She’s a fan. Big big fan.
From there we drove a little ways up the coast to find a spot where we could get some sand for our sand collection and get our feet a little wet.
We found the perfect spot. Yes the water was chilly, but the sky was clear and the weather was delightful.
That’s my son right there, hiking his pants up as high as they can go.
Of course when the wave finally came in he was out of there.
LM, on the other hand, embraced the clothes getting wet thing. A few times she “fell” while we were running in from the waves. Considering how hard she was laughing I think the fall might have been on purpose.
We found lots of shells. Sand dollars mostly. More than we could carry.
She’s saying, “Here, daddy.” When she wants something she puts her hands out and says, “here.” As in, give it here, right now. She’s ready to get back in the water.
He has a hard time saying no to her sometimes.
One of her “falls.”
And then a wave came and took out the two others.
They were not prepared. And it was hilarious. I know, I know we’re bad parents for laughing at our children. But you would have laughed too. It was that funny.
She got over it. The Boy took a little bit longer but he came around eventually.
See?
We found a huge rock covered in muscles. Much like the rest of the day, it was incredible.
I took a lot of pictures. If you couldn’t already tell.
Congratulations! You made it through.
After all the fun we had playing at the beach the kids were soaked and covered in sand. We made them strip down in the parking lot. We shielded them of course. One in our ranks had major issues, though. Which just made me pat myself on the back for all my “modesty teachings.”
We took a different route home than what we came. The drive was beautiful. Full of tall redwood trees and wineries. David and I just kept looking at each other saying, “that was a really good day.”
It really really was.
3 comments:
Thank you for NOT posting a picture of the donuts... that would have pushed me over the edge. ;) Love all the other pictures though. What a grand time!
Love all the pictures. So much fun.
I'm hoping THE donut shop is Tans?? I still grab a donut when we are in town. And like you I judge all other shops by theirs. Nothing is as good :) Your kids are adorable! I love reading all of your fun family stories. Hope all is well!
Post a Comment