Monday, January 27, 2014

Musings On Monday

  • This weekend Ruth got up Saturday morning and decided to make brownies in her cupcake maker. She used a mix and added the eggs and water but didn’t know what oil was so she left that out. Then she had trouble getting them out. So things got messy. Being creative she shoved them all into a container, topped it with frosting and called it a cake. We had some after dinner last night. David and I gave each other lots of parent points afterwards.

2014-01-27 10.07.03

  • I made scones. The kind my mom used to make growing up. They tasted just like they were supposed to.
  • On Saturday I gave the kids the job of cleaning the downstairs 1/2 bath and their upstairs bathroom. It took them close to 2 hours. Not because they were fighting or being resistant. They were just being very through. At one point The Boy put his swim suit on. I had to walk away.
  • LM is struggling with sleep. Not a new thing, it’s been going on for months. I’m taking her to our favorite ENT on Friday. Crossing my fingers for some direction.
  • The Boy has started basketball again. This year we’re being a little more brave and not staying around for practices. I think he likes the independence. Practice usually starts at 12 and he is usually read to go by 8. Makes for a fun morning.
  • This week MT has a dentist appointment that could involving things like numbness and drilling and otherwise unpleasant stuff. I’m practicing some deep breathing exercises to get us through it.
  • I had to give the dentist our insurance information. When I gave them the social security number it didn’t sound right when I was saying it but I brushed it off. They just called to say they couldn’t find us in the system that’s when I realized I combined David’s and my number. What does that say about my brain?
  • Yesterday our ward was split. We are officially a branch. It was an incredible experience, one I hope to remember. The meeting was spiritual, refreshing and hopeful. We will now be meeting from 2 until 5 each Sunday. It sounds bad but we’ve decided to embrace the sleeping in and the almost bedtime by the time we get home.

3 comments:

Toni Marie said...

it's been so long since you posted i stopped looking...I'm so glad you started again! Wasn't our branch fabulous?! It's going to be a great year :) And I'm so glad you're my friend.!!!

Amy said...

MT is a genius! I don't think I've ever combined our SSN, but I always have to say the whole thing in my head when they ask for the last for digits...

SuSu said...

MT is a genius indeed. She should be on Chopped....

The Boy and the swimming suit; I like his style of cleaning!

As for the SSN I use to have to say the whole thing in my head to get to the last four but somehow I've finally remembered them. However, I will never remember your dad's it is too much for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails