For the paste month or so I’ve (sort of) been trying to get LM out of diapers.
Notice I said “sort of” and “trying.”
I really stink at potty training, hence “trying.” And the sort of comes in because I can’t take the credit for her progress. Her teacher and aids at school have been diligently working with her as well. I think it’s their consistency that has helped her.
Like I said I stink at potty training.
When it took years to get The Boy out of pull-ups I told myself, and probably a few other people, that I wouldn’t go that route with LM. Once we started we weren’t stopping. And I can’t tell you how many times I reminded myself of that this past month. More than once I was ready to pull the plug. I don’t usually like to give up on stuff but potty training pushes me there.
But she has made incredible strides. I’m not quite ready to hold my breath and say she’s there. But I also feel like I need to give her some credit for how well she’s doing.
The whole experience has been strangely hard for me to wrap my head around. I’ve had someone in diapers for almost 10 years.
It’s hard for me to imagine life without diapers.
We’re almost there, though.
Crazy.
3 comments:
Good luck!!! I keep telling myself to give potty training another go, but I'm not quite ready yet. We failed miserably over spring break.
Yeah and yippee!
Hip Hip Hooray for all!
Post a Comment