This was me yesterday.
Although being dressed did come in handy when I had to take two kids (and me) to visit the ENT office. And then take LM to the pediatrician.
Spending the morning in doctor’s offices is exhausting. In case you were wondering.
Ears
So Little Miss passed her initial hearing screen (they do this first then if they don’t pass they move onto another hearing test) in both ears. First time. She hasn’t passed them both since birth (when I made them retest her just to be sure she really did pass). I’m doing a little victory dance over that one.
The Boy’s results were consistent. Consistent is good. Yes he still has a hearing loss but it’s staying the same. And even better he sits through the test so much better now and responds at the appropriate time with gusto.
Let me just take a moment to say how much I love our ENT’s office. The doctor is smitten with the kids, which never hurts. The nurses, audiologists and office staff are always so friendly and always remember us. One of the nurses even sat in the waiting room with the kids while I had my hearing tests. I just love them and really feel like they have all of our best interests in mind.
The Other Doctor Visit
After ears LM and I dropped The Boy off back at school and headed to visit our pediatrician. Not wanting to get too graphic I’ll just say that this girl has had lots of tummy issues for quite a while. It’s baffling in that sometimes she has an issue and sometimes she doesn’t. It’s hard for me to figure out what her triggers are. Although I think one of them might be stress, that’s just a theory, though. So yesterday I wanted to go and visit with our doctor (which I’ve already talked to her about it before) about what we could do to help her. I’ve started giving her a probiotic, and while it took a little while to start working I really thinks it’s helping her. But I’ve also had this nagging in the back of my mind that perhaps there’s an underlying issue that this is just covering up.
While I didn’t get any answers yesterday, and honestly I didn’t expect to, we are moving in the right direction. She had me go and get her blood drawn to run some times and I also will be trying to collect a stool specimen to run some other tests on.
If no answers come from this then we’ll be referred to a gastroenterologist.
In Between the Doctor Visits
While we were finishing up with at the ENT’s office I got a call from the kids’ eye doctor. And she is referring The Boy to see another ophthalmologist in Kansas City. Here’s the run down of The Boy’s vision issues. He has one eye that is practically perfect and one eye that’s really bad. As in he’s pretty much blind in that eye. Because they’re so different there is danger in his brain not even using his bad eye. So he wears glasses. Most of the time. Sort of. He is usually pretty good about wearing the glasses but often times he lets them slip down and then looks over the top of them. So he’s being referred with the possibility of having surgery to correct his bad eye. If he has the surgery, and all goes well, he won’t even need glasses. I’m all kinds of anxious about it but I am interested in going and speaking with the doctor. I’ve already started my list of things to ask.
So that was our yesterday.
Exhausting, right?
2 comments:
Exhausting, yes but it sounds like you are started in the right direction which is good. How did your hearing test go?
Thank you for the post. I knew everything I read but repeating it to Dad messes me up. This way I have my facts straight! :-)
Post a Comment