Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This Week

It seems that last week I used up all my patience I would need for both then and now.

I’ve been completely zapped of all my patience.

I don’t seem to have patience when I send a child to release the hounds and instead he gets distracted with starting a load of laundry.

I don’t seem to have patience with the child who tells me she can’t find her shoes. Which is really just code for “I stood in front of my closet and they didn’t jump out at me.”

I don’t seem to have patience when I can’t find a child’s medicine. Then when I eventually do find it it is in a place that is glaringly obvious that it was hidden out of sight. On purpose.

I don’t seem to have patience when a child asks for food but when given it melts into a puddle of crying and fit throwing. And having to hold that same child down in order give her required medicines.

Perhaps acknowledging and accepting this fact will be my first steps in recovery.

Maybe.

2013-03-05 15.29.53

******

On a different note today is the day to make a pledge!

733771_4951939069864_1915411787_n[1]

Spread the word!

The website is crazy overloaded but don’t despair. I’m sure they’ll have it fixed. Try, try, try again.

It’s easy to say, “What’s the big deal? It’s just a word!”

Which is true, it is just a word.

But words are powerful.

Just something to think about.

Read what I wrote about this last year.

The same is still very true to day.

1 comment:

SuSu said...

Sounds like Calgon needs to take you away.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails