Yesterday at homework time as we were working on The Boy’s reading sheet he kept point at the bottom of the page and reading “no school.” It was a little reminder that next week is Spring Break and there is no school. All The Boy could focus on, though, was the “no school.”
Fast forward to this morning. After ignoring the early hour he woke up doing is vocal tests. And ignoring his knocks on the bathroom door.
As a side note I have to say that I’ll never figure out why they must petition me while I’m in the shower when their dad is ten feet away and totally available.
Back to this morning I sent him to his room to get dressed. Without skipping a beat he shook his head and said, “no school.” And back and forth we went until I was finally able to convince him that there was indeed school today.
These kinds of exchanges make me smile. It’s not so much that The Boy was trying to get out of going to school. It was more the fact that he read the note, he knew what it meant and he applied it at the first opportunity.
I know there are words he can read. And I know he comprehends some of what he reads. But when I see him put it all together on his own it blows me away.
The kids a genius, I tell you, genius.
4 comments:
He knows, he knows. We just don't know all he knows!!
Love it.
Love it.
this makes me smile :)
Post a Comment