Monday, August 22, 2011

The Week of First Days

We survived the first week of school.

Every. Single. One of us.

It was touch and go a few times but we pushed forward.

On The Boy’s first day of school he was up and ready by about 6:45. As he was everyday after. I have, since, spoken with his teacher and told him that she isn’t tiring him out enough. I mean really. What do they do at that “school” all day if he isn’t coming home exhausted.

DSC_0138

He wanted to include his breakfast as part of his “first day of school” outfit. Why wouldn’t he?

DSC_0145

The sad nose is from a sad sunburn that he sadly keeps picking at.

Little Miss was next on the first day of school schedule.

DSC_0163

She loves her backpack. And even says “ba ba pack” whenever I tell her we’re going “Bubye.”

DSC_0166

And then I make her repeat it over and over and over and over again.

DSC_0168

It’s just that cute.

Finally it was Miss Things turn. Finally.

The night before her first day she woke up more than once and wanted to know if it was time to get ready.

DSC_0183

Then when I was in the shower I hear a knock on the door and and “I’m ready!!” At the time was approximately 6:40.

DSC_0182

Not sure what all the arm folding is for but we went with it. Maybe it’s her new pose.

DSC_0208

So we filled our time with lots of picture taking.

DSC_0216

Which no one was really into.

DSC_0198

But I went with it anyway. Seeing as we had so much time to kill.

DSC_0230

This week is the real deal. There is homework thrown into the mix. Hopefully the excitement of it all continues. Otherwise it’s going to be one long year.

5 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE the pictures. I was wondering about William's nose. I could EAT Mary, but you know that. ;) Have I seen Ruth's dress before? If not, we had one very similar to it.

Brittani said...

Love those kids, we are on our second week now. The excited waking only lastest one day...seriously one day? Here we go again!

Toni Marie said...

mary looks sooooo stinkin cute!!!! i'm pretty sure i've told you that before....

Jenna said...

That is so great, I love the narrative with the pictures!

SuSu said...

Great pictures on the first day of school. It seems as though they have grown leaps since August; oh wait we still are in August! I guess it is the "ba ba packs" that make them look older!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails