Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer 2011 By Numbers

DSC_0104

I don’t think summer is technically over yet.

It is for the kids in this house, though.

It’s back to school. Back to bedtimes. Back to business.

So, here it is our summer by numbers.

3860 miles traveled in trips

3817 pictures taken

105 books we read for the summer reading program at the library

78 times a heard “I want to do something fun”

43 people we found (and are related to) in 3 different cemeteries

28 days we were without an air conditioner (in the main part of the house, upstairs one still worked but not well enough to cool the whole house)

24 times a day I’d get a big hug from one little girl

22 days at or above 100 degrees

14 cousins we got to visit and play with (as in every single one, wow!)

10 days straight, as in in-a-row, over 100 degrees, that’s not including the heat index (and yes this did coincide with the “without air conditioner” situation)

10 states we visited and or drove through. Shall I name them? Alright, here goes: Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas

9 years of wedded bliss

8 times we played on the slip n’ slide and or stood in the front yard and hosed off (in Kansas we have a funny little thing called “too hot to go outside”)

7 Harry Potter movies we watched to gear up for the last of the last

6 aunts and uncles we visited and played with

5 watermelons we consumed

4 free movies we saw at the movie theater

3 healthy kids, with all arms, legs and even noses still attached

2 new hearing aids for one boy

1 exhausted mom with 1 grey hair

5 comments:

Amy said...

We are now have our 100 days... I thought it was suppose to be getting cooler, not hotter!

Anonymous said...

That 22 she spoke of is know 24. It has been hot this year. Looking back at the summer makes u realize how busy we were. I'm tired I think that I will take a nap.
Dave

SuSu said...

Love the number count. Next year I would love to see California in the state count. Just sayin'

Unknown said...

I love this post...

Mary and Dean said...

Only one grey hair I have many more than that my friend. Miss you guys!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails