First up. Them.
This was the only picture that showed both girls’ skirts. Initially I thought I wanted a cute yellow with some grey mixed in. But it couldn’t find me. When I found this cute fabric it spoke to me. So I listened. Then I came home and realized The Boy had a tie that matched. Score! One less thing to make in a weeks time. Back to the skirts I knew I wanted to do a bubble skirt for them. I didn’t use a pattern, or tutorial, just sort of made it up as I went along. I absolutely loved how they turned out. I got their white shirts at Target (turns out it’s harder to find white t-shirts than one would think). The curls are courtesy of rags tied into their hair the night before. They. All. Looked. Adorable. Even while crying and pouting.
Next. Me.
I knew I wanted a grey dress with a yellow sweater. That was the vision. I also knew I wanted to make the dress. I found a pattern and some grey polyester fabric (no wrinkles!) that worked perfect. It’s a simple slightly A-lined dress with a gathered neckline in front and gathered sleeves. I added the gathered sleeves part. I felt like it might need a little dimension on days I don’t wear it with the yellow sweater.
The yellow sweater was not as easy to find as I had hoped. So I bought this one, in white, at Target. I loved it because of it’s 3/4 length sleeves. Then I bought some fabric dye and went to work. It’s a little splotchy all over (I don’t have my smooching technique down apparently) but it looks like it was meant to be that way. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.
A close up, thanks to Miss Thing, of the sweater (I love that the buttons are still white) and belt (also got that at Target).
And the shoes. I do love shoes. And I really love these shoes.
Here’s their story. I saw these shoes at the Goodwill for approximately $3. They spoke to me. So I listened and bought them. When they got home the more I looked at them the more I thought they were a little on the funky side. I took the bows off and immediately liked them better.
Then I saw this.
And so. They became. This.
And I love them.
Finally. The necklace.
I don’t know where I first saw these. But like everything else, in this vision, it spoke to me. Turns out they’re super easy to make.
And so I’m giving one away!
Anyone can enter! Unless you gave birth to me. Then you can’t. Yours is on it’s way, mom! That is unless you want to win it for someone else. Then I suppose, if you gave birth to me, you can enter.
Just leave a comment on this post telling me how many eggs you’d like in your nest. And then tell me something funny. I do love to laugh.
And so that was my vision. I love when I have visions and when they come together.
Now back to the laundry.
Giveway will be open until Monday May 16
12 comments:
I want one... 3 please! Um... something funny... I don't do funny on the spot, let me think... Nothin's coming... I'm sure I've told you all my good ones. Did I tell you about Max's talk in Primary? I really need to blog that.
What a cute necklace! 3 eggs for me - not because I have three children (I have none), but, I guess, because I have two cats and a husband, and they all need care. Not quite in the same way as children, of course, though.
Something funny? I used to hate doing laundry, because I have to go to a laundromat. The laundromat I'd been going to was getting really rundown - tons of broken machines, etc. I was disappointed, because it used to be really nice... but then I realized there was a laundromat...in the same shopping complex as Joann's! (Okay, maybe it's not funny ha-ha, but more fun, in a "that's great that laundry isn't so terrible anymore!" kind of way).
yes, please! I love it!
sikcoe at gmail dot com
Sheryl (Amy's friend)
I didn't know you were so crafty! I'll have to take advantage of this while i'm here...haha.. well, since i only have 2 and that doesn't look quite right in a nest i'll have to enter for MY mother...and she would like 3. However, if i don't win you'll have to teach me how to make them..i used to make jewelry so i actually probably have a lot of the materials! anyway...something funny....ha! yesterday angle brought me a notebook and said " this is my diarrhea". (she meant diary) she looked at me like she knew she hadn't said the right word and then walked away. that's my funny!!!
Ummm...soo as I was reading your post I thought, I'm gonna comment and tell Kim that she inspires me!For so many reasons. Then I saw the necklace!!!! It spoke to me too! Especially because there are 3little eggs in there and because I'm the bird lady.
I digress...THEN I read that you were giving one away!!!!!!!! I gasped!! If I am not chosen as the lucky one, it'll be okay. Because hopefully you can give me a tutorial and I'll make one myself. Please and thank you.
P.S. did I mention that you inspire me???
I'm so glad I don't have to enter to win. So excited to have this.....I will stand by my mailbox until it comes....well that's not right since the mailbox is down the street so I guess I will just wait patiently. I can do that. Love love love it.
I love your ideas, and the necklace! If I won, can you do 6?
Something funny...been a long week for us, so my sense of humor is missing. Sorry. :(
I am not pregnant, but have been enjoying pickles and chocolate. that's not funny, just weird.
Ooh! I'd need three in my nest.
So I actually read this post yesterday then left it up so I could comment later. Lo and behold I DREAMED about it last night. Dreamt about showing everyone that came over to my house your cute outfits and 'visions' I'm still laughing this morning!
You are amazing. How you manage to do what you do with 3 kids and a house to run I don't know. Awesome job on everything. Love the shoes!
3 Eggs please. A funny. . . hmmm lately there hasn't been so many funnies, mostly naughties, but if you read up on my blog there is a post about Ethan and his Faith which is quite comical as well as one with Ethan repenting Dean. Hope they are funny enough and I can win. Miss you like crazy and wish that I could as crafty crafterson as you! Mmmwwaaaaahhh
3 eggs
As for something funny, the only thing I can think of is I caught your mom napping during sacrament mtg. In her defense it was high council sunday (a bit dry). I thought she looked cute.
I hope I'm not to late to enter the giveaway! I LOVE that necklace and your cute shoes and matching outfits. I have honestly been trying to think of something for a few days now and gee, I'm having a hard time. I think it's funny that Aubrey thinks that Dave's kite is going to run into an airplane. There. That's about as good as it's going to get, I guess. And if I don't win, I would love it if you could teach me how to make those necklaces when you come next week.
3 eggs, please.
Post a Comment