Wednesday, November 11, 2009

102 Words and Counting

As part of The Boy's speech evaluation I needed to send in a list of "his" words. To do this I created a table and put words into categories that made sense to me. They may not make sense to anyone else but they make sense to me. Then I alphabetized them, that way I could be sure there weren't duplicates.



Click to enlarge

I'm sure there are more. Even when I had it printed and sent I thought of one or two more words I could add. Seeing it all written out (and counted, 102!) was like therapy for me. I think there are days when I focus too much on the things he is not doing (like the big boy potty business) and the things that he is not saying. Seeing my little chart reminds me that there is so much that he is doing. Like growing. Lately it seems that boy is giong to eat us out of house and home. Last night at dinner I lost count after 5 pancakes, and that's not including the hashbrowns and sausage that he downed. I look at him sometimes and can't get over how big he is getting. But he always answers correctly when I ask him if he is still my little boy, "yeah."
So next up on the re-eval is a visit from the School Psychologist. That's today. I'll keep you posted...

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your list makes perfect sense... glad to see I made the list.

Jenna said...

way to go William!

SuSu said...

Sometimes when we are in the forest we can't see all the trees. Putting it on paper always helps to me to see those trees. Looks like there are a lot of trees in your forest! Good job William. Good job Kimberly. Good job David.

Mel said...

That's amazing! My five year old is having a growth spurt too- I think his legs are hollow the amount he eats some days :)

Mikael Squire said...

You are every person person's (who is involved in the special ed. process) dream parent! Go you and William!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails