Friday, November 6, 2009

Bright Spot

I've come to the conclusion that I really really really don't like the time change. The only extra hour of anything we get is an extra hour to be awake. Awake and ornery. It has been a week of too little sleep and too many tired people. U.G.L.Y. But we made it to Friday and I find that to be nothing short of a miracle.

The bright spot in our week happened yesterday. Miss Thing made me lunch. A peanut butter sandwich. And she even served it to me while I was laying on the couch. It was very happy. Then, a couple of hours later, she was screaming about something I had done to ruin her life.

It didn't take too much convincing to duplicate the lunch making today. I really could get used to this. Isn't this why we have children? To make them do stuff for us? You may die or at least faint from the cuteness of the following. Don't say I didn't warn you.


She gets her peanut butter.



A butter knife. So that sounds bad when it's in writing.



She got her bread down and Apple Butter from the fridge. With the addition of the apple butter that's a step up from yesterday. What will she think of next?



Opens up the peanut butter, with her mouth open no less. It takes a lot of concentration. This is serious.



I think she is finding that spreading peanut butter is not as easy as *ahem* I make it out to be. But her mouth is open and she is trying hard.



Has to taste it first.



With more spreading.



Comes more licking.



Fortunately the apple butter spreads a lot easier. This sandwich ended up being more of an apple butter sandwich with peanut butter. Rather than the other way around. I'll take what I can get!



Again with the licking! Goodness gracious, girl!



Now for the assemply.



The whole hand this time. Okay so we're not exactly looking to pass any Health Inspections.



She even cut it in half, so we could share.



So there's my lunch. Half an apple butter with peanut butter sandwich. Does it get any better than this?



I'm thinking, seriously, about hiring her out.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love it all, especially when she cuts it in half. How awesome is that!

Mel said...

Super cute!

SuSu said...

Maybe she should be in charge of Thanksgiving Dinner.....what do you think??

Jenna said...

That was serious entertainment, kids are the best!!

Brittani said...

too cute and fun!

Anonymous said...

I would like a sandwich! Too cute for words! CB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails