Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Growing Pains

Back when Little Miss started pulling herself up in her crib I quickly lowered the mattress. And quickly stole her thunder. She hasn't really tried pulling herself up to anything since then. Until one day last week when I was braiding Miss Things hair and she crawled in the bathroom and before I knew it she was standing up to the tub. Later that night she pulled herself up in her crib. Now it's all the rage. All the big kids are doing it. The problem lies in the fact that she can get herself up but can't get herself down. Now when I put her down to bed at night, or for a nap like I just did a little bit ago, she'll pull herself up and start screaming. I think she's just crying it out and will eventually fall asleep. When I finally go in to check on her this is what I've been seeing.


Isn't that just the saddest thing that you've seen? She was so sad. And didn't know what to do. I finally brought her out and rocked her to sleep. And now all is quiet and no one is screaming. Yet.

4 comments:

SuSu said...

It does happening that "growing thing" Hopefully we are growing right along!

Amy said...

Poor girl! I remember a time that happened with Evelyn... trying to let her cry it out. I finally went in and her leg was through the bars of the crib, pinned between the crib and the wall. Poor girl was stuck and I thought she was just being difficult.

Brittani said...

Oh such a sad little girl, I just want to kiss her a make it all better!

Mary and Dean said...

I think we have all done that. We found Kenzie asleep standing up once. She just was too scared to let get and so fell asleep slumped over the side. Eventualy she'll learn. Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails