Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Tuesday


Nothing much happening around here, lately.

I'm somewhat shocked at myself. Looking back at my picture files I haven't been taking very many picture lately. I'm not sure what that means. I have been busy sewing like a madwoman. We've settled nicely into the routine that is the school year. We have our aerobics class, playgroups, PT appointments and all the little extras thrown in there was well. It's been quite nice and a little, dare I say, relaxing from the craziness that was our summer.

The Boy seems to be doing well with school. I got a piece of paper home the other day where he wrote out the first 4 letters of his name. I'm completely amazed at the progress he is making. At yet every few days we get word that he is exercising his stubborn muscles and refuses to do what he is told. It's frustrating for me since I'm not there and can't take in the whole situation. I talk to him at home a lot about minding his teachers, keeping his hands to himself, etc. I'm not sure what else I can do. Sometimes I wonder if he is still "testing the waters" to see just how much he can get away with.

Miss Thing is starting to do some "schoolwork" at home. She is eager to learn, for the most part. So we try to set aside a little time each day to work on letters and numbers and the like. I've learned that there is probably a reason why I'm not a teacher. And yet I'm grateful that there are those who are, and seem born to fit that roll. Many days she makes me want to pull my hair out. And then she'll do or say something that is so funny we can't stop from laughing. Just yesterday as it was pouring down rain as David was about to leave for work, I suggested he take his coat to keep him somewhat dry as he headed out to the car. He headed for his closet to look for said coat. Miss Thing followed closely and got his closet door open for him and as she watched him start to dig for it she finally said, in exasperation, "Red coat, right there!" Pointing at the coat hanging nicely on the back of the door. Such a helper, that girl.

Little Miss is into more and more. Although she hasn't done any worse damage that has already been inflicted by her brother or sister. She gets around very nicely, crawling on all fours. She still pulls herself up to stand in her crib, and now at the tub, but hasn't quite mastered the couch yet. She loves to wave and clap. I've been signing a few things with her, which she loves, but she hasn't quite picked up on them as of yet. So far she has had four teeth that have finally cut. I think we're waiting on a couple more. She has, also, finally discovered the wonders that are the dog. Last night we were too slow to get a picture of him sitting practically on her with her arm around him. It's these kinds of things that prolong his stay here.

So that is us in a very small nutshell. Hopefully one of these days I'll pick up my camera. Hopefully.

1 comment:

SuSu said...

Nice work! Way to go Jefferson; he is perfect and I love the way he shows it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails