Friday, November 7, 2008

When The World Is Asleep

In my world, at least. Today has been one of those days...I woke up to a mess (salad dressing dumped on my carpeted kitchen. Carpeted kitchen, ugh! Second only to my previously carpeted bathroom) which didn't exactly start me off on the right foot. Unfortunately, the day hasn't gotten much better. More messes with a little disobedience and a fussy baby thrown in for good measure (and don't forget the whiny dog!) I was about to put myself on time out when quiet time rolled around. Friday quiet time is not so quiet at our house. Friday The Boy doesn't have school. The Boy doesn't like quite time, or in other words he is not a very quiet boy. Being close to the end of my whits I put a movie on for him. Usually he lays on the floor with a blanket until he looses interest and starts following me around. He hadn't been laying down long when he got up and started wandering. He wandered over to the rocking chair, climbed in it and sat down (sort of). I didn't think much of this until things got a little too quiet. I walked over to the chair and found him fast asleep. Could this really be? I had to ask. I snapped a picture thinking up a post in mind. I thought I should check on Ruth (she has a tendency to fall asleep on the floor) and then found her fast asleep in the dress-up bucket. I left them each there long enough to snap a picture and then moved them each to a bed in hopes that this sleep will last a little longer. At that moment I said a little prayer. I don't think it is any coincidence that just when I'm about to break Heavenly Father shuts my little children's eyes so mom can have a little break. There are days when I feel like such a bad mama, for all of my impatiences. When I have moments like these, though, I feel like I have a loving Heavenly Father who continues to have patience with this impatient mama.



This was short lived as Little Miss woke up not long after I took this. She seems to be favoring the catnap today. Which, for the record, isn't working for me.

4 comments:

SuSu said...

This is a quote from Elder Wirthlin and I think it fits right in with your feelings of today.

"It is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us--even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will.” We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won't, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

Quarantine Coronacation said...

You are an excellent mom. I know it look where you came from. Those moments are so sweet. YOu do a wonderful job expressing yourself! A natural writer like your mama.

keep it up mama!!

Your doing so well and we all love you

Jenna said...

The daily life of a mom, it's amazing what we can put up with! I love how they all fell asleep, the dress up bucket is hilarious.

Jenna said...

The daily life of a mom, it's amazing what we can put up with! I love how they all fell asleep, the dress up bucket is hilarious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails