Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Magic Glasses


Sounds funny, I know, but I am convinced that William's glasses have magical powers.
The relationship between William and his glasses is somewhat of a roller coaster. Sometimes things are great and he wears them like a champ, other times not so much. I can't entirely blame this on him, as I am not the greatest when it come to encouraging him to wear them. I tend to put them on and forget about them. At some point, when the glasses are not on his face, I remember he had them on and we start turning the house upside down. Here is where his glasses become magical. Every time we have lost them they have been found, not always right away but they are found nonetheless. If I catch it soon enough I can usually ask him and, like was the case last week, he goes to the couch and starts pulling it away from the wall. That's right, he took them off and put them under the couch (I will blame him for that!).
About a week after we had this pair of glasses they got broken, somehow. But the nice people at the Dr's. office took them back and replaced them (I like the word warranty) A long time later they were broken again. I called the office back thinking we would have to bring him in and pay for new glasses, but I thought wrong (I love the word warranty). We were a week short of the year mark, they would replace them free of charge. How is that for magical?
Just today his teacher emailed me asking me if they were broken. Oh no! I thought, were they not in his bag? They weren't. I feared their magic had worn off. I started searching the house, all the usual hiding places. For the life of me I couldn't remember them getting into his backpack and getting them out. His lovely teacher checked with the bus people and what do you know they found them! That is what convinced me, these glasses are magical. How could his glasses have come out of his bag (well I can actually guess that one, The Boy was holding his bag when the bus drove away) drive around on the bus all afternoon and then be found and returned to his bag? Quite the adventure for his little glasses, I think. Maybe they just needed to go for a drive. Whatever the case I'm glad they're back and very glad they are magical!

3 comments:

Brittani said...

can we get some of that magic here?

SuSu said...

I love when "things" take on a life of their own. Those glasses have life!!

Cristi said...

You should write books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails