Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Falling Leaves

We don’t have big leafy trees at our house. We have trees. They’re just the evergreen kind. They don’t change colors with the changing seasons. Sometimes it makes me sad. I love fall. I love fall leaves. I love falling leave. I’m not sad, though, when I don’t have to rake them into piles.

What we do have, though, is wind. Lots of wind.

And so the wind brought us leaves.

After school yesterday the kids and I raked some up into a big pile and we played.

DSC_0904

They threw leaves up.

DSC_0891

DSC_0895

I was amazed at the huge handfuls their small hands can hold.

DSC_0871

Then they threw them at each other.

DSC_0880

DSC_0874

DSC_0884

DSC_0898

Then they, of course, turned on me.

DSC_0112

DSC_0916

Turns out this girl is ruthless in a leave “fight.” Despite her name.

DSC_0917

DSC_0918

DSC_0921

DSC_0930

DSC_0931

DSC_0932

DSC_0938

DSC_0946

DSC_0948

DSC_0954

I was finally able to convince them to build up the pile of leaves and do some jumping. While I picked the leaves off my camera, out of my hair, and mouth, and shirt.

DSC_0975

DSC_0981

DSC_0993

DSC_0018

We took a break to wave to some noisy geese as they flew by.

DSC_0064

DSC_0069

Now back to the leaves.

DSC_0102

DSC_0109

DSC_0094

Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's like playing the snow, but without the wet and cold. :) Love the pictures!

Ashley Allred said...

Love the pics! that last one really needs to go up in your house!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails