Thursday, February 16, 2012

Art

When my mom was here about a month ago I took her to an art museum in Kansas City.

DSC_0211 crop

I’ve been wanting to visit one for some time. Although I didn’t want to go so bad that I was ready to load up the three and take them with me.

DSC_0212

I may look a little crazy most days but I’m not that crazy. While I’m not opposed to taking my children to an art museum I am opposed to going with them outnumbered.

DSC_0218

So while my mom was here we stole away and went. Just the two of us. It was quiet. It was peaceful. It was delightful.

DSC_0207

I could have stayed there much longer. But our time was somewhat limited.

DSC_0221

The entire experience was good for my soul. In my effort to produce art I sometimes become self-conscious wondering if what I’m creating is good enough for the world.

DSC_0217

Seeing so many different pieces and mediums helped me remember to love and be pleased with what I create.

DSC_0215

Even if I’m the only one that loves it that will make my efforts worth while.

2 comments:

SuSu said...

It was a great experience and makes me want to go to another!

Toni Marie said...

i have never been to an art museum..someday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails