Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fairytale Town

To continue with our California Adventure. We piled the kids up in the car and drove to Sacramento to play at Fairytale Town. What is Fairytale Town? Well it is essentially a big park. Filled with lots of things for kids to play on. They have A Big Shoe to slide down (the lady that lives there wasn't there that day). There is Old MacDonald's Farm, Sherwood Forest, The Three Little Pigs, Peter Rabbit and Mr. McGregor's Garden, The Crooked Mile (my mom's personal favorite from when she was a kid) and more and more. It was fun to revisit a place I went to when I was a kid.
See? There I am, the one in the blue hat. My cousin was visiting us from Utah (she's the one next to me). And there is my Pesky Little Brother too.


Something I remember doing was going to the Gift Shop and you can get these plastic keys and at all the stops there was a "Key Box" you cut put it in and hear a story or a blurb. Sadly all of the "Key Boxes" were under construction for the 50th Anniversary Celebration so I didn't get to play with any keys while I was there. Those kids didn't know what they were missing!
Here is them, on the very same turtle. Have funny is that?

After Fairytale town we found a park to have a picnic lunch. It was a lovely day for a picnic. Then we went to the playground for mom's. IKEA. It was absolutely lovely, and I did find a few treasures for myself (shockingly enough). To round out the day we made a quick stop to In-N-Out for one last taste before we left a couple of days later.
On the way home we were all, of course, exhausted. The first hour a few of the kids slept soundly and a few others sat quietly. After that magic hour was up the screaming angels woke up Miss Thing and helped her cry and scream the rest of the way home. It was a good thing she was in the back and I was in the front...



3 comments:

Jenna said...

That looks like so much fun! And I totally hear you about the screaming in the car. My kids LOVE to do that.

Brittani said...

how fun for all the kids (and moms too!) Oh Ikea, when will our next affair be???)

SuSu said...

That was a great day for sure; even the crying was memorable and makes me smile just thinking about it. FYI the park is William Land Park which Fairy Tale Town is part of. We may head to IKEA this weekend if anyone would like to join us!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails